Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Go Ahead :)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 31, 2002 20:41:47 UTC

"You don't even understand the adult world at all. I meant we can't afford to live with only 1 income in our family. In case you didn't know it.... I don't make 6 figures at my job. It is important for my wife to go out and get a job and help support our family and its future."

6 figures! Trust me, my Dad does not make 6 figures! And that did not stop us from home-schooling. And we probably have a bigger family to support than you too.

"I am about ready to do a little 'kung-fu' on your butt myself!!"

Go ahead. I am probably 4" inches taller and 50 pounds bigger than you (Please don't tell me you are a wrestler). I'd beat you down. :)

"Modern biology textbooks giving outdated evolutionary evidence? Show me. Where is this so called outdated material."

Ok, I will. I'll give you some quotes from my brothers textbook. As soon as he gets home.

"Are you learning any evolutionary theory in your "school", or is it a glorified Sunday school class? I don't know, I am asking."

I do science on my own, and a good portion of it is the study of creation\evolution. And why is school in quotation marks?

"I know all about the standards and tests you have to complete, but do you really learn any of it - or is it all for show."

How could it be for show? It's not like we have the answers to the test beforehand. And we don't do them in our home, we go to a school somwhere else to do them. Some people have actually said that we probably have our Mom do them in our home!

"I don't think any wrong information has been purposely put into textbooks - that is your delusion that coincides with your conspiracy theories."

Did I ever once say that any wrong information was PURPOSELY put into textbooks? Ever? No, I think it is a mistake that the teachers do not know any better. Conspiracy theories? Once again, have I ever ONCE said anything about a conspiracy?
You are the one who mentioned that. You seem to like putting words in my mouth. KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins