Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So Do You (to A Degree)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 12, 2002 21:00:32 UTC

"I get the impression that you are regurgitating knowledge given to you, but with little understanding of your own."

I'll admit that. After all, I am 16, and learning as fast as I can. :) But I think that applies to
you also. Here are some examples.

"How do you explain inter-species genetic similarities? We share 99% of our DNA with chimps. How can you be 99% chimp and not be related to the chimp? Even our social behaviors are similar. We share 30% of our DNA with HOUSEPLANTS."

I might be wrong, but have you done any DNA comparisons recently? Or did you just take this
evidence and write it down? How do you know that
99% of our DNA is similar? (If you are a scientist who studies this stuff, then....well, I'm wrong on this.)

"How do explain the cosmic microwave background radiation that permeates our universe? Where else do you suggest it came from other than a primordial explosion?"

What do you know about this? Have you read it somewhere, and taken what they said to be true?
(Once again, I hope you are not a scientist in this field!:) )

I'm not saying that your information is bad, but
we both have to trust other scientist to be telling the truth. So until I'm a scientist, I'll
you'll just have to be happy with this.:)

KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins