Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Are Wrong

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 14, 2002 01:09:42 UTC

Evolution can be observed!! I said it before...look no further than the decline in effeciency of our antibiotics. Bacteria evolve rapidily to become "immune" to our medicines. Some are killed off, but some survive and reproduce to create super bacteria that our antibiotics don't work on. Evolution can be done in the lab. It has been done for years with the breeding of dogs and corn. It can be created in a laboratory with inserting ampicillian resistant genes into the plasmid DNA of bacteria. How do you think we gained knowledge of the genetic manipulation we use in agriculture and aquaculture? We gathered it from our studies of evolution. If man can manipulate genes to produce a variety of offspring, why can't nature do the same over long (or short) periods of time. I am just going to say what other people in the forum are wanting to say...... you have no clue what you are saying. Evolution is not a religion. It is a theory. Our knowledge may change and lead us down a different road from where we are now, and that would be great. That is what science is - the SEARCH for truth. Do we always find it? No, but we keep looking. Religion is stagnant and unchanging. It is not open-ended and has no need for truth because it has faith. For the record - Jesus did preach tolerance and love. That is the Jesus that I believe lived. A mortal man with a message for the people of his day. Love one another. I am sorry for you that you have bought into the churches corrupt vision of how you should live your life. I have no time for the organized extortion that runs rampant in the church today. I will look at Christ as a human man with a geniune message of love and compassion. Pacifism and tolerance. You can keep your evil sin, fire, and brimstone preaching and give it to someone else who believes in heaven and hell. I for one don't need your insecurities thrown in my face.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins