Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Lol

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 14, 2002 03:45:11 UTC

"I am now officially getting irritated with you. I'm not irritated with Sam yet, but you're just beginning to pushing my buttons."

Lol....I don't know why this is funny, but it is.
I never would irritate anyone on purpose. It is
very immature. Doesn't make a good arguement.
Neither does making fun of someone.

As to this post, I'll admit there is some stuff in the Bible that seems harsh. But this is all discourse, the way we think now. Things were obviously different back then.

"But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

It was common back then to take young conquered women to be a wife. Once again, this is terrible now, but back then it was commonplace. It's simply
the mindset. For example, leaving babies to die in
the wilderness if they were not satisfactory was just accepted in Greek culture.
Nowadays, that is inconcievable.

I hope you are not irratated with me now! lol
Hope those finals went well for you (did I already say that? I got a bad memory!)

KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins