Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sure

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 13, 2002 20:03:16 UTC

"Shouldn't our questions be, "where is it taking us?" I wrote this

"Where is what taking us?" You wrote this

Where are these theories (creationism/evolution) taking us? Down what roads are they leading? Enlightenment? Debate? Feelings of superiority for being right? I don't know, but I would rather take my knowledge and apply it for the greater good. I don't just want the feeling I am right, I want to able to apply that knowledge to the world. Knowing that I have an ancient connection with all life forms makes me feel less alone in the world and a part of something greater than myself. The energy all life possess is my God.

You wrote -
"Anyway, I agree that creation\evolution is not important compared to Jesus Christ rising from the
dead"

Jesus Christ would be morified at the state of religous belief today. Christ was preaching 2 things; tolerance and love. I don't think he cared about the age of the earth or fundamentalism. Christ, the man, is somebody that I can totally respect. As for the institution named after him... I think it is morally bankrupt and absolutely corrupt.

You wrote -
"I guess I do fail to see the irony. Could you show me the irony in proving scientifically God created the earth 6,000 years ago? "

Science could never verify anything without tangible evidence. Since your creation account is based upon a flawed book written by man, it cannot be proven scientifically. Smoke and mirrors is all creationism is. The irony is that religion wants to be accepted by science, but at the same time wants blind faith that cannot be questioned.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins