Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yes, I Have Read Darwin

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 14, 2002 14:37:33 UTC

"Have you read Darwin? Have you read Huxley? Have you read anyone except the narrow minded creationist blather. I suppose you think the book, "The Genesis Flood" is very scientific and proper, eh. Well, I have read that to and found it to be unapplicable to scientific standards."

I'm not sure you are a person to hold any book
up to your scientific standards. Maybe you are a scientist, but so is the man who wrote that book.

"It is based on too many assumptions that cannot be verified through evidences in the fossil/rock record."

Your theory is based on even more false evidences.
Look at my most recent post about the fact that you have no transitional fossils: http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/17443.shtml

"You sound as though you know nothing about the nature of science or its idealistic motives."

Do I really? I apoligize if I come across that way, so far I have tried to keep it as scientific
as possible. You may not agree with my conclusions, but I have tried.

"Maybe God plays a role and maybe he doesn't, but the bible does not hold the literal truth. It holds stories, that is it!!"

True stories, yes. For example, the great flood
recorded in the Bible is supported in the fossil record and also many cultures around the world
have a story of a great flood.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins