Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on January 10, 2002 17:20:18 UTC

This presupposes that there could arise a situation that is strictly against God's will. I say that this situation could not arise. If something is allowable in God's will but not preferred by humans (e.g., harmful events to humans), then I think humans can pray to God for a miracle.

In that case, a miracle might include a mistake in our calculations, or more dramatically it might include Star Wars technology being used to avert the disaster, or it might include a surprising situation where another object collides with the incoming rock thus averting the disaster, or it might include the discovery of some form of dark matter that we were completely unaware which averts the disaster, etc, etc.

The key is that the asteroid can only hit the earth if it is within God's will to do so, but some events may require miracles if humans pray for some events to transpire differently then how they appear they will transpire. However, I would add this caveat, the more likely an event appears, the more faith and intense prayer it requires for the expected event to be obstructed by the will of God.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins