Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hmm. Let's See?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on January 12, 2002 05:36:30 UTC

I dont know what it has to do with GODS wrath etc.
In this scenario)

Life moves through time.

The universe's state at any given moment is just what it is. There is motion in the universe.

Motion of any given object, in my opinion, is a direct result of energy output (attraction / repulsion), kinetic based motion or not.

Objects travel based on the laws/basic principals of motion.

Simply, they just go. In different directions. And at some point in time. Two or more objects will be bound approach each other. And Collide.

It appears that this sort of thing (asteroid hit) happened around the time of the dinosaurs. And the other day, when one passed just the other side of the moon. We considered it a close call. Honestly, everything put up aganst the size of the universe would be considered a close call.

If I had to cite example I might say:

"We look at the astroid passing the moon, from our vantage point here on Earth. When we view the asteroid from here (Earth). we could see it as a small rock having a trajectory that was farther out than the moon."

"But from the perspective of the size of the universe, we could view it like as if an atom had a stray electron passing by it."

"We appear, from an Earth perpective, to see things very big from where we are standing, and yet, we tend to see the smallest elements from the perspective of the Universe"

Things Happen

They Always Will

Rob

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins