Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Quantum Gravity & Quarks

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Wayne/">Wayne on November 17, 1999 15:30:14 UTC

I was ridiculed (ever so gently, I recall the comment being: "one plus one = zero") in an ealier post for stating my position that, two particles of equal mass and density would have zero gravitational attrictive force on each other. In other words, at their point of contact, their own mass would be "recalling" the surface point in question. I now believe string theory relating to quarks may prove this true. In the most recent information I have seen, quarks always come in clusters of three particles which cannot be seperated. As I stated before, I believe the requirement for gravitational attraction would demand at least three particles of equal mass and density so that two would overpower the one. Quarks seem to suppot this idea to my way of thinking, and may well be the key to unlocking a quantum theory of gravity. Just my opinion.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins