Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Quantum Gravity & Quarks

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Wayne/">Wayne on November 19, 1999 16:50:09 UTC

Yelmalio: Just a point Wayne, if as you say you need 3 particles to make gravity (2 cancel and one generates gravity) how does the gravity generating particle know to do so. Why don't 2 protons (both being Baryons) in a nucleus cancel each others gravity out? What happens if it is an anti-particle, does it generate anti-gravity, and if so how? Bear in mind that anti-protons, neutrons and electrons are well known and do not generate anti-gravity.

Wayne: Yel,(hope you don't mind if I call you Yel) It would not be a matter of only one particle causing the gravitation. All 3 would attract with equal force. "Bonding" of the particles would occure because, in any group of 3 you have a 1 against 2 situation. No matter which one you isolate as your "favorite" it is outnumbered. I foresee that this will someday be our definition of 1 unit of gravity. I have stated before why I see 2 particles of equal mass and density as being "non-attractive" but let me try to clear that up. Draw 2 circles of equal size, side by side, on a grid. Place a dot in the center of each circle (the center of gravity) Now place a dot where the two circles touch each other (point of contact) and then draw a polar line through each circle so that you can see 4 half circles side by side. Now select a point that represents the center of gravity for each half circle and you will see your contact point being drawn in two directions with equal force. Net result: no force holding the two full circles together. With 3 circles you get an imbalance in centers of gravity that compell attraction. If we could test the amount of force required to seperate the three particles we would then have a measurement for the force generated by one unit of gravity. Just my opinion.

: Yelmalio - inquiring minds, you know. :Wayne- they are the best kind.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins