Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Need Advice On First Telescope

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by theINEXPERIENCED on October 14, 2000 04:19:41 UTC

Hey all.My wife and I are getting interested in astrology and have been looking for a telescope.We want something that we can use for awhile instead of a beginner scope that will be replaced.We have been looking at the specs on the Celestron Nexstar 114GT.Since this is our first telescope we dont want to go outrageous on the price but we are looking in the price range of $4-600.Going by the description of the 114GT it seems to be a good scope but not knowing anything about them we are looking for advice from people who know what they are talking about.Any responses on the scope we are looking at or suggestions on other scopes will be appreciated.We arent really interested in the photography part of astronomy (yet) so we want something that we can look at pretty much anything that we want,i.e. planets,stars and such.Thanks for all the info.

Mark and Kristi

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins