Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Can't Observe Using Meade ETX!! Help!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Moazzam on November 26, 2001 02:57:19 UTC

hi all,

this is my first time posting. Ive had a Meade ETX and Autostar computer for a year. I have been trying to get it to work so I can observe deep sky stuff but so far I havetn been successful. All Ive seen is the moon and thats manual. Can someone help me? Here's a few details on what Ive done and the symptoms,

1. anyone know of a Meade party etc. scheduled for the Dallas, TX region? That may be my best bet to get this thing working.

2. Ive initialized, trained the drive and set it to home position, but when I EZ align it (alt/az mode), it always focuses on an area where there's no star. Its usually a little to the RIGHT of the cirus ctr. Same with the second star. Then, if I tell it to go to the moon, it revolves around and stops to the right of the moon. Any idea whats going on? Ive checked several websites and tried to follow the instructions word to word.

3. Ive tried the Gudided Tour and when it goes out to the Arameda (sp?) galaxy, there's like nothing there.

Can someone help me out? I spent a lot of money on this thing, I need to get my money's worth out of it. Im going to keep trying until I see something! :)

thanks a bunch

Moazzam

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins