Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm Buying A New Rig, And I Need Some Comments

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by David Crawford-Raby on August 26, 2001 03:01:33 UTC

Hello,

About 12 years ago I bought an TASCO 11TR from a camera shop. With the sounds of the local astronomy club's laughter still ringing in my ears, I'd like to make sure I don't cock it again this time around.

Although I haven't been involved in astronomy, beyond trundling out the 11TR to look at the moon, I'd like to get the right gear so I don't have to upgrade again in the immediate future.

After spending a few days doing research on the net, this is what I was thinking of getting:-

10" LX 200
416XT CCD
F6.3 focal reducer
Flip mirror system
Electric Focuser
Erect-image prism
Dew Shield

I'll most likely use a laptop and a wireless network to the main computer inside the house.

Is that sort of equipment sufficient for me to take good pictures of planets and some deep space images? Or should I look at getting a 12" with a bigger CCD?

I originally looked at the ETX125, but once you add on all the bells and whistles, its virtually the same price as the 10" LX 200.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

regards,

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins