Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That's Alot Of Money

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kip Crawford on August 27, 2001 22:38:13 UTC

Bobsal's suggestion to get a larger aperture is indeed a good one, however, the goodies you intend (or at least would like to have) to get with the LX200 (any size) will be very expensive. The better CCD equipment from Meade is extremely pricey. Even Santa Barabara Intruments (SBIG) CCD's are expensive. That's not counting all the other goodies you'll need for astrophotography.
I'm sure you are a "stout" fellow, but be prepared for the size of a 12" LX200. Even a 10" is "cumbersome" or "bulky". I know this. I had a 12" LX200 for several years and it can be a pain to set up. Most people that have them, that I know, have a permanent or semi-permanent mounting, inclusing home obervatories. I do not know your specific accomodations, but like I said....be prepared. Good Luck!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins