Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
'The Different Strengths Of Judaism'

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on August 21, 2001 14:28:37 UTC

...'The different strengths of Judaism like Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform. They do not interpret the Lords word any differently. They just apply themselves with different intensities. Please correct me if I am wrong.'

My Dear Robert,

In Islam it is exactly as you state with regard to your statement in the above. There is only one way to understand God and that is based on reaching only good results that do not break the 10 commandments!

Also, very few group(s) of people or individuals have the opportunity to choose their faith in the way this world has been operated. I speak from experience. I attended a Christian school and had no options but to go to church and to listen to only Christian indoctrination. The Catholics were bussed to a church of their own every Sunday because Anglican Christians founded the school. There was only one religion to study and that was Christianity. It was much later when I was able to choose my faith. It was very easy once I was able to compare the data and the results in my own life; I cannot speak for all who clime to be Muslims, but I can defend the truth, which I amongst others may choose to practice because “There is no compulsion in religion”(Qur’an).

Question(s) to think about:
Has any one heard of Salvation through repentance? Or experienced a baptism of repentance?

Best regards

Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins