Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Help Me Understand More...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on August 22, 2001 17:54:39 UTC

Jisbond,

Help me understand more of the science teachings of evolution vs the "Science of GOD" evolution.

Yeah, I was taught the science evolution in school. In some respects, not necessarily the "Man to Ape" progression, I do believe that there was some sort of evolutionary path, but I'm not convinced of what that path was, due to my lack of knowledge or exposure to beliefs/ideas. So I am very interested in what you have been taught or come to believe.

What I do see, just simply looking around me (the world and all of it's beings), are similarities / parallels in function and in form. Example:

1. MOST all beings (Animal, Insect, fish, etc..) have similar features (Eyes, ears, nose, mouth, feet, hands, reproductive, digestive), and the fight/flight mechanisms are very similar. I do find that extreemly fascinating.

2. Plants/trees/grass etc.. have similar parallels as well.

I do see parallels and not direct ascension. But could it be possible that we are so far removed from the beginning that it's hard to find links?

I will use an example to describe the similar parallels between "Man" and "Ape" from a feature perspective. You and I both know that from a thinking/sentient being perspective there are universal differences, that we will never see from an "APE" (I will remain open on the use of the term "never").

Example: (Simple)

Man vs Ape

and

Domestic cat vs lion/tiger

Classification/order/phylum/genus/species is a very fine line and touchy subject. It is a natural segregation so to speak, or would you call it "man made"?

Help me on this Jisbond,

Rob

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins