Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mathematics=God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Yasir on June 30, 2001 17:06:07 UTC

I have been reading posts in this forum from quite a bit of time.More than just one timei have found Alexander explaining convincingly and even encouraging to explore by self-the simple basis of life,thus , implying a very straight forward but emotionally a difficult reality to digest ie
no "creator" is required to "create" the world around us as we see it today and have seen from millions of years after being evolved from apes and being just a complex but neat aggregation of basic components of life (proteins,carbohydrates,lipids and of course the most important one water and so on).

One can ask that being a Muslim and born in a country where such remarks are not considered very healthy,how can i reach this conclusion so easily? Well......the day when i explored an encyclopedia discovering how Love,fear etc. and things like this can origin simply from biochemistry which itself is controlled by mathematics was the day i appreciate most.Not that i didnt knew that earlier but only that i never looked at it that way.

The point i want to make here is that yes-true we dont need a "God" but mathematics to make/build/create the universe as we see it today.
But still arent we confusing the words of GOD and
mathematics/Laws of Physics or Nature too much to confuse the reality and being just a prisoner to an endless debate on GOD and NO GOD.

I am very eager to know what alexander would like to say about the following equation
GOD = MATHEMATICS = Laws of Nature

I would definitely would like to read about the position of morality and its need as a potion for a society to survive and especially when it comes to "humans" themselves.

I hope i havent asked too many things.

IAMNOTAGENIUS

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins