Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Are You A Solipsist?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on June 18, 2001 14:12:35 UTC

"Don't make accusations if you don't know what you're talking about"

Religious dogma DOES claim to know the nature of reality. The earth was created in six days. Jesus died and was ressurected. The rainbow exists because of God's covenent with Noah. Jesus performed miracles. Adam and Eve were the first humans on earth.

These are pretty blatant statements about reality. Fundamentalist christians believe in them. They are stated in the sole real source of Christian belief, the Bible. Does it not make sense, then, that a true Christian would say these statements about reality are true? If you take some aspects of the Bible but reject others, that is selective belief and not representative of the religion's true roots.

"If I believed there was a dragon in my garage, then
there would BE a dragon in my garage."

No, you would percieve a dragon to be in your garage. Perception and reality are two entirely different animals.

"scientists in current day believe
that there is a universe consisting of matter, dark matter, conservation of energy, etc...Well
all that may be ( QUOTE , PROVEN WRONG ONE DAY , UNQUOTE )"

Oh, yes, absolutely. Science may be entirely wrong in its current opinions, and probably is in many areas. However, it has the greatest chance of being "more right" than anything else as its opinions are derived through tests and experimentation, something almost never found in religion, and even then subjective. So I'll play the odds.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins