Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Bruce,

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert B. Winn on May 16, 2001 03:10:26 UTC

Bruce,
As I explained to you before, I am a welder. Now you tell me to synchronize GPS clocks. OK, so what do you mean by synchronize GPS clocks?
I can do whatever you scientists can do with your distance contracted equations with much less trouble, but I would have to know first of all what you mean with your scientific terminology.
I do not know of any way to synchronize clocks that are running at different speeds. They will continue to run at different speeds and will only read the same time when one clock overtakes the other and passes it.
My understanding of the term synchronize would indicate that GPS clocks will never be synchronized with clocks on earth. However, if you are talking about comparing GPS clocks to each other, that is amazingly simple. They will all read the same times in all positions and directions as long as they all have the same radius of orbit.
Your more complicated method of working this problem is caused by the distance contraction that you incorporate in your equations.
Robert B. Winn

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins