Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: The Fight Between Humanities And Science

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on February 23, 2001 18:42:36 UTC

Oh how true. In college that was the feeling. The engineering school was almost outcasted from the liberal arts, figuratively and literally. They almost spited the fact that we had a clue with numbers. The teacher would try to do some math and we'd kill them every time. I remember my US Law teacher trying to tell us that 2/3's of the senate needed to vote positive for a veto to be overriden. 2/3's or 70 senators. The engineers quickly remarked that one had to be wrong. The US Law teacher said both numbers were right. He could determine 2/3's of 100. Thats pretty bad. Was a good lawyer though.
There are scientists that don't think liberal arts are important. I went to school with plenty of engineers that felt that way. Of course, they were wrong. I loved taking lib arts courses and setting the A grade pace. Lib arts are important.
All education is, but when one is dealing with certain realms as to the creation of the universe, accounting is not going to cut it. Some realms of science are void of liberal art stuff because there is only the math. So when Einstein wrote E = mc^2, he didn't follow to read Crime and Punishment or See Psalms 34:5. Both realms of information are dichitomized and some realms are intertwined. Half of the objective is to determine which should be which.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins