Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: We Or Media?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on February 24, 2001 02:21:49 UTC

My favorite are the books defining symbols from dreams. I mean come on! How lazy do you get? Read a real psychology book by Freud or another author and determine what the symbols mean individually to you, not what some quack thinks.

Lewinsky is a good example. Totally unimportant, but who do you think runs the media? Its the Republicans. Everyone says that its a liberal media, but perhaps if they opened their eyes and noticed that the media is owned by huge conglomerate Republicans, then it comes out. How else do you think Bush could be elected. The media had a ball with Clinton and marijuana. They totally dismissed Bush and his cocaine! The media in the US sucks. I get my news from CBC and BBC. And how about Bush? "If you teach your child reading, he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." He said that to a group of parents at a meeting. Other than its misplaced grammar, he or her which should be he or she, it is completely obvious, yet the media doesn't jump on this. No wonder he was elected. Perhaps this country wanted no just a more moral president, but a much more dumber too!

Of course the media is going to move to where the money is and the interest is, but the interest is there because the people don't want to be bothered with anything that makes them think. There is nothing that can be done. People are born the way they are. Only so many can be so smart. If you believe in nature, there is no reason for all men to be able to think of the universes origin. All man and woman need to know is which hole to put it in. ;) The majority of people ARE stupid. Not to say they aren't nice, but they certainly aren't real bright.

Now there is nothing wrong with philosophy. I read lots of taoism. There is alot of truth with it. They don't proclaim a god. They proclaim a universal way, which happens to be a good idea. Live justly and be aware of what you see rarely defines fully what is going on. It when your religion puts in some weird rules to block out others. Or to cause some sort of blockade in thought. Believing in god and a 6000 year old universe is going to retard your ability to understand the true origins of the universe.

If you start to understand, Alexander, that people are indeed stupid, then a little relief comes to you. You can only do so much to help them. Your main goal is just to stop the people like Jerry Fawell, James Stewart, Ernest Angel from stealing the dumb peoples money and lives. That is our, the good smart people's, job.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins