Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Read Good Books, Learn Physics And Math

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on February 19, 2001 22:17:46 UTC

I also got most of my education in a small moslim country called Azerbaijan. We also had 10-year school education system there. But unlike in Pakistan, the population around was educated, schools were good, and also we had various extracurricular clubs for children (in my town I found clubs for electronics, chemistry, biology, roket/plane modelling, several sport clubs,2 music scools,1 art school, 2 ballet scools, etc.).We did not have internet than, but we had one education channel on local TV station, where they explained how different things and phenomena work (on various levels).

And our school professors were quite knowledgeble - I remember I learned about existence of Shroedinger equation in 8th grade from chemistry teacher, and about least action principle in 8th grade from physics teacher also when he explained why static systems always have minimal potential energy. In 9th grade - about Fridman and de-Sitter solutions for expanding universe from astronomy textbook, as well as about Big Bang, quzars, black holes and some general relativity. In 10th grade I learned about lasers, radars, holography,special relativity, some general relativity, derivatives/ antiderivatives, etc.

If you are in Islamabad, there should be plenty of good libraries there. Go and read encyclopedias - they usually explain things without complicated math. Read also those books which you find understandable - about evolution, origin of our Solar and other solar systems, evolution of stars, formation of neutron stars and black holes. If there are not much of libraries in your area - Internet is a good source too if you do not pay attentions on plentiness of junk (it is easy to recognise junk cite - author usually claims wrong well known facts like Einstein (or even Newton)equations, Big Bang, quantum mechanics, evolution, conservation laws, brain chemistry/physics, age of Earth and Universe, etc.)

I remember, we had many libraries in my town, and one was just two blocks from my apartment - I liked go there on Sundays, sit and browse for hours via multiple color pictures of how sub-cell components replicate DNA or how viruses insert their DNA into our chromosomes.

To understand fundamentals (where laws governing everything come from) you need to study physics. Ask you physics or math teachers about Emma Noether theorem and they will be happy to explain you how to get any conservation law from basic symmetries of space and time.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins