Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Career Help.....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Yasir on February 21, 2001 20:23:11 UTC

hello alex..........
hav u ever been to pakistan......????
if YES then u must be aware of what u should if u havent......
if NO...
let me tell u what is the scope of cosmology and genetics in this country.........

well to say it truely.. i hav nothing to say abt it......
simply because there is nothing to talk abt something like"the scope of cosomlogy and genetics in Pakistan"
yes it is a country of strong social values, a country with great ppl,which are happy to live in the very particular "world"they r living in, a country with a wonderful,disciplined and an ideal personality to hav as a founder(no other than QUAID-E-AZAM Muhammad Ali Jinnah)a country with great geographical importance,a country popularly known as "the fort of Islam",a country with rich culture and traditions,a country with rich,fertile agricultural land and more
yet there is a huge amount of misery,poverty and hunger for food(as in other countries of the region), a country where there is crime,murder,rape and social insecurity pervading with time which according to certain ppl is a consequence of following the "western culture"and in this very region of the world when a science student passes his intermediate exams(12 th grade) the only choices he has are to become a doctor,engineer or teacher/lecturer/professor and from a few last years ppl hav started developing interest in fields like information technology,computer sciences etc.( iam refering to the country as a whole ;certainly the ppl in cities like karachi,lahore,islamabad are more educated and hence better lived............)
the point u r not supported by ur parents or sometimes even teachers to choose ur career somewhere in the research work....the government doesnt support u either.....no great support for students of physics, at the higher level except the institutions like ATOMIC ENERGY COMMISSION and SPARCO( the only recognized place for space research and related areas in the country)........hence most of the master degree holders in physics all over the country find jobs in government colleges ,universities and some even in higher secondary private schools........thus there is no research work for most of them......JOBS ARE EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND.........
the students thus try their luck in medical colleges or engineering universties for a better career......career couceling is absolutely not done at the high school level......and what ur left at the end are limited choices and the chances od survival are thus reduced to minimum................

i havent been to america either......
i belong to a middle class family...my father is not rich enough to feed me throughout my life.......however thanx to our strong social structure.parents are usually likely to support their child in terms of finance until he completes his academics.........
my family ,relatives and teachers think it will be best for me to choose medical sciences and prepare for the admission tests of medical colleges...........since i am majoring in biology.....there is whatsoever no encouragement for me to opt for genetics or molecular biology since there is no scope and hence no jobs....
i am also pretty much interested in particle physics and cosmology......it is yet to decide whether i am gonna end up with biology or physics................

but whatever it has to be .....it has to be somewher ein america or britain because a few of my realtives are out there and if my parents do agree to send me to a foreign college or university..i ll hav to opt bw these two.................preferably it ill be america.......

what i want is guidance ..........that which institution in massachussetts or nearby will suit me if i am to choose bw genetics and cosmology as a subject........

IAMNOTAGENIUS

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins