Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
How Has The World Changed Because Of Jesus?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by John Morgan Powell on February 8, 2001 21:14:28 UTC

In what ways has the world changed since about 33 A.D. that must be attributed to the existence of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Savior of the world?

GwynJ, You wrote:

> I don't know if you've read the bible lately.
> But as for your last sentence 'Because the
> world did NOT change in the dramatic ways one
> would expect the first time he came is
> evidence that he didn't exist in the way
> the Gospels tell.': He said he didn't come to
> be king and rule or even bring peace;
> 'truly, child will turn against parent,
> brother against brother' as they choose
> whether or not to believe/follow him.

I am probably more familiar with the teachings of the Bible than the average contributor to this forum.

Most changes since the time of Christ can be explained as due to the scientific, social, political, etc. changes that could occur during that time in civilization's development without the existence of Jesus.

Probably all of the unique changes which are due to the growth of Christianity could have occurred even if Jesus did not exist, but only fictional stories about him existed.

If the Jesus described in the Gospels really existed then I would have expected a much greater change in the world today. If the miracles had really occurred, for example, great advances in science would have resulted by now from learning how he did it. If I were God I would have accomplished a lot more change in the world by sending my Son down than evidently was accomplished when God sent His.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins