Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well, Let's See...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 9, 2001 03:41:41 UTC

"Great advances in science" due to Jesus would have required a belief in who He was/is. As we know, there were skeptics even while He lived. So, advances would not be guaranteed, anyway.

As for 'a much greater change in the world' expected, would we really discount all the believers who made it possible in subtle and in significant ways for scientifically-inclined progeny to pursue their studies and educate the world?

Apparently, God figured it was more important to get all his progeny on the safe side of the fence where he could teach them everything (in the afterlife) away from the stupid people and jerk politicians so they wouldn't be distracted. For what gain would there be to Him or man if he were to teach man everything here only to have their lives not continue to eternity where they could have fun enjoying all the knowledge together?

Since you (and I) aren't God, we probably can't speculate what we would or would not do, since we don't know all of history or every individual in the world or what is basically required.

As it is, if I truly want to devote studies to science, I won't settle for the diluted form in this forum (with all due respect to the contributors who are sharing their many years of experience) - I'd go directly to the contributors' sources of information for the 'whole story'. As for God, it seems a common thing that all a person need to do is just ask God themselves. 'IF you exist, I expect you to be true to your promise to prove yourself true to me', rather than 'settling' for the diluted accounts of others who are pleased to have Him in their lives. Why short change yourself?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins