Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Time To Play Devil's Advocate.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on January 22, 2001 03:12:03 UTC

" i know of folks i love so much i'd be willing to die for them/in place of them. certainly, if there was a God, he'd have to be willing to do at LEAST that, too. "

Why? What in the universe forbids a cold, uncaring God besides human hopefulness?

"Jesus is the only one I've heard about who promised to do that"

Maybe... however the fact that Jesus promised a happy eternity hardly is proof of its validity. I could just as easily argue for the existence of the Greek gods by a similar rationale.

About the swordfish..... how many other homeless do you think asked for something and were answered only with silence? Is it possible that you just got lucky? I admit that abscence of evidence is not evidence of abscence (great SETI quote there) and that the nature of the universe seems to require a creator. That's as far as I can see going.

Look around you. Everything you can see, touch, smell, hear, taste; all of creation. The very fact that we were created suggests a creator. Again, suggests. However, does the nature of the universe suggest a BENEVOLENT creator? No. If anything, it suggests a virulent Darwinist creator. Does creation suggest an afterlife? No? How about reward for believers and punishment for heretics? Does anything in the cosmos other than the Bible even HINT about the "fact" that Jesus was the son of God? Well, then why believe it?

I work with what I've got, not with what I'd like to have. I do have plenty of time to mull this over, seeing as I'm only 18, but I don't see any conclusions supported by true reason, and in a world running on reason there is nothing else.

Stormcrow

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins