Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Aw, Comon Yall, Seems Like You Could Add A Little More Than!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on November 22, 2000 23:46:54 UTC

I kinda like the idea of a man fighting those old fire breathing dragons of ancient myth, what was the basis for such imagination? I think it is entirely possible for dinosaurs to spit flame of some kind, and for humankind to have witnessed it!
But, it also might not have been, the oldest records are fragmented, and stories led to most of them, passed down through ages, humans have been around very similar to us for a very long time. What have we experianced over the last 4 million years? No telling, but alot more than is written in an informed way as far as recording the reality in history, hell, we can't even write todays history in an objective manner!
I asked my Wife to ask her peacher if he would allow me to the pulpit to defend my athiestic possition, and take questions from the informed congregation. She will let me know tonite when she comes home from church. It will be a very interesting meeting if I am allowed to do so.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins