Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: But Who Needs God To Be Nice And Kind?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 29, 2000 00:26:43 UTC

re: animals - Certainly true on all counts. I would think if someone said humans were the ONLY ones endowed with ability to love, they'd be wrong. I could tell after my divorce, when I had to take a goat to auction, my dog seemed concerned he'd be going on a 'one way trip', too - but that changed when we exchanged long deep looks, and he wiggled all about. I think if humans and animals, being imperfect and powerless over the actions of others can still maintain hope and love there is someone larger at work.

God is never absent, he is always mindful, and we do not see just all where he is active all the time. Again, sometimes it SEEMS he is absent. Like in the holocaust, genocide - my question is more 'how can man bring himself to want that to happen?' not 'where is God?', but that's me.I sometimes wonder, with the holocaust and the like, how many MORE people would have been lost, and their progeny, had there been NO intervention whatsoever. It didn't stop of itself. The freedom of choice humans have was probably the highest price God paid to allow us life, given what man has done to the masses. Not to mention the dancefloor, as you pointed out...(i like your style, by the way!). writing, that is, i don't know about dancing...yours, not mine. but to continue -

some people CAN fix the car. but then you haven't met my brother. or me. Certainly, too often there are those who open their hands to receive rather than rolling up their sleeves, which is a pity, and contributes to the atrophy of the soul, in my opinion. God can do everything - he does use his wisdom in choosing his 'battles' well, tho, toward the betterment.

'I make it my mission to reflect on as many moments as I can.' same here. i see i'm in good company. 'I hate people that pretend to know what they are talking about.' ditto - but how can you stand to converse with me? haha I appreciate knowing there is another who takes a longer view of their talents in the light of feeling obligation to make good on that value. Too few do.

Re: Catholicism - I have much to learn about this, esp since the numerous first hand reports of the practices seem very hurtful.I probably irritate the local church, nice as they are, because I am very very hesitant to group, having been a loner for so long. I join with others probably more 'opportunisticly', if that is a word (or an accurate term). To me, it's a relationship with one's creator that matters, where you can have heart to hearts like with a friend, trusting they understand my bitterness and questions, not exclusive theologies like 'only this church and no other' - where does it say THAT, pray tell? God's with a guy alone in the desert as much as he's in my living room. good thing he's in yours, too, this is pretty long - hope you had sweet dreams after it put you to sleep! sorry! :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins