Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
GOT IT!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 29, 2000 01:18:16 UTC

smarty, yes, Moses was spared when Zipporah performed the circumcision on their son and produced the flesh which made God halt. (Exodus 4, vs 24-26); after the Hebrews left the Egyptians (Exodus 12:48-50) it said if foreigners come along and wanna have passover too they have to be circumcised.Since Moses seemed to be thinking a lotta 'WHAT the...?'s when he was first assigned, I don't think it unlikely that he didn't forthwith have himSELF circumcised after that first bout. It seems reasonable to me that if you're going to assign someone to lead a bunch of people that that someone REAAALLLLY oughta ascribe to the traditions of his people in order to maintain credibility, right? If anyone has a more likely 'interpretation', have at it, I have much to learn.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins