Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Maybe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 19, 2000 01:11:29 UTC

the assumption could come from the observation that while flowers are pretty and trees make oxygen and all that good stuff, they still can't shelter themselves from a hail storm or think their way out of a wet paper bag. Indeed many have overinflated sense of worth. you sound like a scientist of sorts, so let me try this one: you readily see the interrelationships of different elements, and the order that is demonstrated therein. structure is usually a result of intent and engineering. science is the study of these patterns. humans are created by the very same will and intent which formed the elements and their interrelationships. we must, therefore, be at least as valid. the one thing humans all know that differentiates them from all other species is that they have a will, also, a power of choice. we see the weather does not have a choice on where it will dump rain, and that other patterns are a result of their design and purpose and, mighty as they are, they haven't the will or means to vary from their own 'destiny'.
plus the bible says stuff, but i don't wanna rush into that right now! except to say the cool thing is you can ask the creator yourself directly without feeling like you wasted your time reading stuff from this fool! :)

ps i don't think i know everything, or that i'm more important than stars being born. i am continually in awe to be included in the witnessing of wondrous spectacles. but i think it took more than luck! g

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins