Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Example

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 28, 2000 03:13:49 UTC

'Why can't it be a coincidence that (the doe) happened twice in six months?' If I hadn't been thinking about the first doe just moments before the 2nd one came from behind a knoll, I might agree with coincidence. Just like when I was pondering 'how effective would this belt be (before seatbelt laws) if I were to simply believe it would be effective?' it was probably an example of something other than coincidence that on that icy roads my van spun around, backed into the median off the road, everything plunged to the front except me, and my office key that was in my purse was bent in half sidewise with the impact. or the fact that in rushing to meet my sister an hour away we paused 30 seconds for my husband to run and get a tool to fix the antennae on the cb in the car; had he not, our car would not have wound up right in front of hers.

When we tell our kids to clean their room, our direct influence can clearly be seen - we can tell them directly, there can be evidence by a red mark on their bum if they refuse to, etc. I don't see direct influence of a maker. A 'maker' would be the one who directs, sets rules; eve we humans sometimes say 'i brought you into this world, i can take you out' :)

re: the fancy fish - saw on tv, discovery channel? i was just amazed. i think there were also some bland looking fish at that level, so if it were a vent why wouldn't they too have some sort of colors?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins