Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Role Of "base" In "counting": To Yanniru And Harv

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on August 8, 2003 10:56:59 UTC

Hi Richard,

"Counting" requires "a base from which to count from".

Example: "base 2" is built up Zeno's Arrow style as a series of twos of twos of twos etc.

(Excuse capitals in the following; these used for emphasis, I'm not shouting)

In what way is the NEXT TWO POWER defined? By reference BACKWARDS IN TIME to the first two-base-root from the second two-base-power AND the first base-two-root is defined as STILL THE SAME BASE by reference FORWARDS IN TIME to the second two-power!

Or how do you know they are the SAME base?

This could be so?

In base ten we get ten-roots and ten-powers involved in self-referential definition of base ten backwards and forwards in time, it seems.

Numbers within a base:

See basic pattern of number-definition Zeno's arrow style in my post to Harv.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR QUESTION!

I just discovered the Zeno-structure of "base" in number! (Apparently)

In everyday:

"base" is the category: example: count "oranges" and "oranges" are your "base".
The concept "oranges" is defined self-referentially backwards and forwards in time (in respect to another base!).

And "time" is defined back and fourth between the bases self-referentially in respect of them both?

Looks like John Cramer's "agreements" view of the universe: full of "handshakes"!

Looks like Christianity: God is Love. In Him we move and have our being.

What is missing? Jesus Christ; He said of bread and wine: "This is My Body, This Is My Blood"; "I Am the bread of life"; "He who eats this bread and drinks this wine lives in Me and I in Him" as I recall hearing/ reading.

It is said "He who believes Jesus Christ is the Son of God has already overcome the world".

My description of "counting" is that "base" in "number" is a "base for self-referencing or consciousness discovery opportunity" say.

In every-day:

a "base" is a "category"; like e.g. "oranges".

"Counting" within a base involves internal re-configuration of consciousness (as shown in Zeno's Arrow analysis in post to Harv).

Of course counting Zeno's Arrow layers is still counting. In reality: such "stillness" in consciousness is apparently can ... see how can I say anything more..... pure consciousess..........

God tells us "I have counted every hair on your head"; I heard and/or read..........

Regards,

Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins