Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
At Peace With One's Self - The Most Perfect You...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on July 13, 2003 07:00:06 UTC

You will notice I used the phrase "the most perfect..." vs. "the perfect...". Most, in my mind, simply refers to "the closest to..."

Here is a list of personal achievements one has to acquire in order to be most content with one's self. (maintenance)

1. Being in touch with emotions
2. knowledge of what brings/relieves stress
3. Adequate set of coping skills
4. Making sound decisions
5. Understanding one's physiological self
6. Being honest with one's self
7. Being honest with others.
8. Knowledge of when to "be serious"
9. Knowledge of when to "take it easy"
10. Food intake (you are what you eat)
11. Staying at a physical "peak".

I did not list the above in any specific order.

Most important: Application of any/all of the above.

Currently, I am not in the best physical shape (by far) and I can tell you that my self-esteem is lower and my motivation is lower. At one point, in the not so distant past, I was in great physical shape, and I must say that I seemed to be more in touch with myself and very sharp witted.

I believe, that when a person is confident, and very aware, that they are in a most attractive state no matter what one might look like.

Confidence wears on a person like the freshest air.

I write this entry because I see threads written about "being content" "finding GOD" "Buddha" etc, or basically being at peace with one's self and the world.

Acceptance, and understanding is a big key to relating to people and dealing (coping) with life's events.

Comments:

Rob

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins