Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm Glad No Body Got Anything On Islam

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Nahla Ghoneim on July 1, 2003 07:41:40 UTC

ِAgain, Mr. Richard, you accuse Islam of something completely wrong, without giving a proof. I tell you the Quran urges us to do research in the verses I mentioned and others. So I guess this makes it my word against Mr. Jisbond’s. So I think you scientific people, should go to the main script, The Quran, and it has what I said it does. So I guess this ends it up.
How could have prophet Mohamed known anything about Greek Astronomy when he was illiterate? He could not even read Arabic. Anyway, I’ll give another example, as there are many.

I don’t know what your religions are, so I can’t reply to that. I intend to reply to the prophets' thing later, ISA. But could we keep to the point & discuss Islam here? I’m saying the Quran is a revelation from God, the mighty sole creator of everything. So you need a proof of that.

Did the Greeks or indeed anybody know anything about the fact that the universe is expanding until the 20th century? Before that the idea of an eternal & unchanging universe was dominant. Now look at this verse: “With power and skill We constructed The Firmament, and we are expanding it“.

My sister Lysithea, wait until you know about Islam and Women.

Nahla

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins