Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It Appears That The Reforms Of Islam Were Undermined

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 3, 2003 17:21:52 UTC

The description of the state of Arab women before Islam is close to the western perception of the state of Arab women today. I do not know how accurate this perception is. But it does seem that women have lost some freedoms gauranteed by the Quran.

So it appears that the reforms instituted by the Quran were eventually undermined by men who preferred the old ways of women as cattle.

Something did happen to offset the glorious epoch of Islam for some 600 years where they led the world in almost every way. From what Nahla is saying it appears that rule by the Quran was effectively overthrown in the 13th century.

If Musilms continued to live according to the Quran as Nahla presents it, they would still rule the world. But the enlightenment of the Quran was lost and the rest of the world caught up and surpassed those who lost the Quran.

So from now on when ever someone says - look how good Islam is by quoting the Quran. I will respond. Yes. Wouldn't be wonderful if Islam still followed the Quran. I do not see any evidence that it does.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins