Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Has That Got To Do With The Expanding Universe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 3, 2003 16:56:59 UTC

May I suggest that new topics can use new threads.

However, since you asked, I will tell you what a messenger from god told me.

What do you do when a raging bull is charging at you.
1. Step aside
2. Grab the bull by the horns (ie. kill it or it kills you)
3. Project love at it and tame it.

So my interpretation of love thy enemy means that when you are confronted with him or her, you should project love at the person or persons. That will at least reduce your fear of the person and enable a rational response rather than an emotional one, like stepping aside rarher than killing.

Let me give you an example. Suppose you have to give a talk to a large group of strangers. If you are like me, you choke up as I do and can barely talk. But the trick of projecting love at the audience alleviates those fears and allows you to get in touch with the audience and them with you.

If you don't already know about this trick, and have the opportunity, give it a try. It even works with friends, not only enemies.

So that is how I understand the commandment of Jesus to love thy enemy. I cannot claim success with this approach. For example it does not work with everyone on this forum. But it appears to work on you. Can you feel it.

Love,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins