Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Dot

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by David Oakley on June 18, 2003 02:21:46 UTC

An idea from my miss spent youth. I think in the of what we call time there was nothing but a very small dot. This dot has a mind of sorts and gets bored, stick with me. So the dot moves and creates a line, thus all lengths and shapes of line are created and upon meeting itself 2D is created. Mathematics.
Getting bored again, the dot tilts its axis and creates 3D, creating all of the 3D shapes possible the dot discovers the most interesting shape is a sphere, which is a dot, so the dot trys to do everything at the same "time", thus creating the 4 dimension time begining with a big bang, lots of energy, expansion and very simplistic shapes.
These shapes then interacted in certain ways which are interesting, so the further away from the initail bang the dot gets the cooler more relaxed. Not surprisingly more spheres formed and some of these life apeared, the ability to experience the passing of time. This created death, the 5th dimension, after a period of time death created emotion, where we are now.
We use 3D things, the 5th dimension uses 4D things without our knowledge (fully?) and so the experience continues. Is there life after death? You already know what happens in life, its something completely different after. Does it interact? Probably, but I'm sure its got better things to do.
So the dot, its time, mass, energy, everything if you think we're special, the dots part of you and way up at the 104th odd dimension that is special.
If you take a photograph of a television, at a certain speed I forget, all there is is a dot. If time were to stop completely all there would be would be a dot.
So what is the dot, some say it's god, but if you look at the universe from fa enough away it's a dot, I believe when there is a Universal understanding between all life in the Universe we will study the Universes direction and thus that principle, the act of studying makes the thing your studying change, comes into play and our universe becomes a dot. To us moving really slow but not in another way, like us moving 250000 km an hour all the time now.
Sorry if this is a little far fetched and full of holes, black holes incidentally are where there is no dot, of course everything is going towards them theres a room, a hole.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins