Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Proof That There Can Be No Heaven & Hell...???

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mark on February 19, 2003 03:08:35 UTC

Say I love all of my family dearly and it would just devastate me to lose a parent or sibling. But nonetheless, my brother, a social deviant and jailbird, passes away unexpectedly...

Of course the loss totaly breaks my heart and causes me to go into a deep depression. However, my deeply religious mother reassures me that we will once again be reunited in the afterlife... in heaven.

(none of this is true by the way, but hypothetically...)

I pass away years later and upon my arrival at the place of unimaginable bliss, serenity, beauty, and infinite goodness & hapiness, I notice something is missing...

...my brother.

Turns out he went to hell for all his crimes and misdeeds.

Now my spot in heaven is suddenly not as great as I thought it would be; it is imperfect by far.

Since if there actualy is a heaven or hell, and some people are obviously evil (Hitler, Count Vladimir, Sadaam) it must stand that families are inevitably separated upon their departure from Earth.

So it stands that people that go to heaven will miss their loved ones forever, even if those loved ones were bad people.

Therefore, either heaven doesn't exist or...

Heaven isn't infinetly perfect as promised (it can't be perfect if there is something important missing) or...

There is no hell...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins