Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Hope This Might Give A Lil More Insight On My Perspective

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Murat Bilginer on February 19, 2003 18:35:13 UTC

id reiterate in saying that, although it may sound a bit unromantic, your true self (being with the lord) would not only be completely independent of any need of the situation of any particulars, simply being "with" the lord (and if one does believe hes the most just and best judge) then your soul would have complete understanding and peace with any and all of the lord's "decision".
and to be honest with you, thats one of the stipulations of salvation, unwavering faith in the lord's ways, translated into my thought process; total acceptance of the "truth" , as "what is" is a perfect result of all that happened before it and caused it to be. just like everything that happens to you in life, theres always a transitional phase, but ultimately its up to you to come to terms and find peace in the situation as opposed to what you want. like i said, it sounds very unromantic and it is, like death and pain and taxes, it is a reality that you must learn to accept, even for yourself. but this is just my perspective, like i said before, causation is one of the most accessible and important faces of the lord to people, this is how we understand his ways in my opinion and this is what faith is based upon, i dont believe in blind faith of the truth, there are definite patterns (signs) and order to the world we live in and if you ask me, knowledge of it is a grace.

---But in that case I would be living a lie, and then I would not be aware of a truth that somebody is suffering. Would heaven have to then be a "lie" in order to satisfy my own selfish perception of what "perfect" ought to be?----

i wouldnt jump to refer to your own aphysical state as a lie as relative to your beliefs of the situations in physical state as actual reality. ive proven to myself many times that my senses only account for a tiny fraction of the entire story, or more accurately, theyn only highlight a tiny fraction which overwhelms the rest of my consciousness. this is why total peace (uninterrupted by variance) may give one access to total consciousness.

incidentally, whats your take on the whole eternity thing and why, if you dont mind asking that is.

peace

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins