Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on October 17, 2002 00:27:49 UTC

It depends on what you mean by "positive," and "negative." I think that we would be nowhere close to where we are, now, without the contributions of religion. However, I think that religion is a double-edged sword. I think that society is now having great difficulties only because of religion. At first religion brought peoples together, now that everyone has sides, it is the only thing keeping peace from happening, the way I see it. I think that religion has ran its course, and that it will be a short time before religion is only is history books... perhaps entitled "Religion: The 10,000-Year Myth." That is my take on the whole thing. What do you think about those statements, Stormcrow (or anyone else with constructive thoughts)?

Warm Regards,

Phillip Martin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins