Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hrumph.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on October 17, 2002 21:24:46 UTC

"The religion of Darwinism will fall."

Is Darwinism not science? If it is a religion, then why must you argue againts it? To say that Darwinism is a religion is to deny Darwinism as scientific. Christianity is based on hear-say, documented hear-say. Darwinism is based on science, a scientific way to understand where we came from... not an idealized myth.

Mario: "Religion can't keep pace with science forever, and today the only ones who take religion totally literally are radical fringe groups."

Sam: "Wow. I didn't know I was in a radical fringe group. :)"

Then you believe that dinosaurs were fire-breathing monsters that lived with humans, as your bible describes?

"And believe it or not, atheist are a very small minority. I read different numbers, but usually around 6% of the nation. So 94% believe in God. I would say a larger majority than you think believe the Bible literally."

God, maybe. But your God? No.
He was refering to the idea of religion, not yours, specifically. On another note: I can ASSURE you that nowhere close to "94" percent of the population of the U.S. take their religion "totally literally." Groups that do, for example Al Queda (or however its spelled), take their religion literally. THEY are the small minority. What percent of the population believes in your religion? You do not know... no one knows, because noone can know. Most of the "Christians" in my school, when asked of their religion, state that "ummm, I am a Christian... I guess." And when asked what sect, once I explain to them what a sect is, they often reply "I don't know, I'll find out at church sunday." If you are saying that those people take the bible literally, you are dreadfully mistaken. If any one sect is true, many (if not most) of the people in that sect will be going to their Hell. I first noticed that after one of my teachers (the one to whom I was refering in posts a month or two ago, he is a Christian) pointed it out to me. He said that most of the school is Christian, but many of them do not know it.

"I don't think that this is a true statment."

The statement to which you were refering was true, because of the above paragraph.

Phillip Martin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins