Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
We've Got Another Riddle For You...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on October 18, 2002 21:55:36 UTC

That song gave me nightmares as a 5-year-old... it wasn't until I was older when I realized that midgets were not evil, the orange ones still get to me.

"I don't think the Bible mentions fire-breathing dinosaurs. Maybe it does, could you give me a verse?"

I know I wrote it down... but I am not sure of the page number in my notes. I found these verses, one of them probably has that reference:

Cis 43:7 (I am not sure if it is Cis or not, my writing is terrible)
Jn 1:3
Col 1:16
Heb 1:2,10
Rev 4:11
Job 41:29
Genesis 6:2 (probably this one)

Whichever it is, there is a little over half a page on it. I only have a small bible (not all books), and it is more ornamental than anything else.

"I don't disagree with most of this. I don't think 94% percent believe in my God, and of which percent does, I don't think the vast majority takes the Bible completely literaly. But Stormcrow made it sound like we are a small group. This is not the case. That was my point."

Point taken.

"He admits that no matter what the evidence points to, he will believe in evolution. That is religion."

One man is one thing, what I was refering to is another. As you stated, any idea can be turned into a religious belief. Most of the time, that is not the case. I think that you will agree when I say that that is an exeptional case to my first arguement.

Warm Regards,

Phillip Martin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins