Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Radiometric Dating.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Sam Patterson on October 11, 2002 16:58:54 UTC

Pottasium-Argon:

"Therefore, these considerations call into question all K-Ar "dating", whether "model ages" or "isochron ages", and all 40Ar/39Ar "dating", as well as "fossil dating" that has been calibrated against K-Ar "dates". Although seemingly insignificant in themselves, the anomalous K-Ar "model ages" for these recent andesite flows at Mt Ngauruhoe, New Zealand, lead to deeper questions. Why is there excess40Ar* in these rocks? From where did it come? Answers to these questions in turn point to significant implications that totally undermine such radioactive "dating" and that are instead compatible with a young Earth."

This is the conclusion of a long paper on the subject of Pottasium-argon dating. It shows how there was excess Argon in some andesite flows. If you want the details, go to this link:

http://www.icr.org/research/as/potassimargondating.html

Amino Acid Racemization:

"There is no doubt that proteins in bone and shell and other fossil material undergo hydrolysis and that the amino acids contained in them suffer racemization with increasing age of fossil material. To use rates of racemization as a dating method, however, the entire history of the fossil material would have to be known, including temperature and the entire diagenetic process, especially the chemical environment that contributed to this process, and most especially the pH. Since all of these factors, most of which accelerate racemization rates, cannot be known, it is suggested that the apparent ages obtained by this method are unreliable and, with few exceptions, are much older than the real ages."

This is the conclusion of a article on Amino Acid Racemization. It shows this is not a reliable dating method. Here is a link to the entire article:

http://www.icr.org/pubs/imp/imp-023.htm

A very short explaination of carbon dating's flaws:

http://www.icr.org/pubs/btg-b/btg-115b.htm

I'm not going to post any more links, because I don't want you yelling and screaming at me. Just read some of what I have, and if you want more, I'll get it.

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins