Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Before You Are Commited To The Funny Room

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 14, 2002 17:45:25 UTC

Aaron,

I came up with an idea that I hope the Webmaster accepts. Committing irrational posters to the Funny Room is a healthy way of keeping this forum interesting for the more rational posters while at the same time meeting the needs of the crazies who are the more rationally-challenged among us.

***So basically this is how you try to push under the rug every evidence for creation.***

No, this is how you keep pseudo-sciences from invading and taking over science which is what pseudo-scientists are constantly doing. Heck, if accreditation is such a bad thing, then why are creationists flocking in grad programs trying to be accredited? Obviously, there is a reason why people want accreditation.

***The same cross referencing technices that found one part of a mamoth 25,000 years old and the other part 45,000 years old.***

Cite the article in an accredited publication. Also, you are getting hooked on exceptions again, and this is not how science works. But, I suppose you are justing trying to create more content for the Funny Room.

***Wasn't something along these lines told to Einstein?***

No.

***Funny recent research shows those home schooled are surpassing those in public school by leaps and bonds....***

I'm not sure if there have been any tests on one's rational worldview. If such a test were given, then obviously Sam would fail miserably. I for one was very open-minded about home schooling until seeing Sam's posts. Now I see the harm such schooling can do if one is raised and taught by irrational or crazy parents. They might be perfectly suitable in obtaining good grades for their kids or getting them good jobs, but if they can't teach a hairbrain of rational thinking, then I'm against home schooling. It seems to me that if you have one bad teacher you won't see that teacher the next semester, but an irrational parent might cause generations of irrational children to grow up in society and take on high level jobs. Society can't afford that.

***I'm in public school, however if this is directed at just Sam then never mind.***

It's funny, you actually seem more rational. Either it's because you are year older, or it might be that you at least have a better sense of rational thinking. Sam is almost completely delusional. If you can be reasoned with, then there's hope for you. After extensive debate with Sam, I'm convinced that he cannot be reasoned with. He is an irrational guy through and through. He's also 10 times more arrogant than you.

Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins