Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
This Is Easy To Demonstrate

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 9, 2002 19:48:36 UTC

***This is not true. I do have an intrest in learning the topic. I have learned alot of evolution, and alot of creation.***

You've been presented with ample evidence that contradicts your views (eg, plants that cannot survive a flood for a year, etc, etc), but all of this evidence you choose to ignore. It is absolutely clear that you have no interest in real science.

***This is totally incorrect. I have never engaged in 'fantasy science'. Some admit they do not even look at my links, so how would they know?***

You were recently talking about the dinosaurs carried onto the Ark with Noah. This is pure fantasy. You've watched too many cartoons. From the links that I've even bothered to read, I haven't seen any substance.

***H: "....he tries to usurp real science and genuine scientific related discussions." S: Oh please. Once again, show me what you mean. And don't give me that Buffalo thing, I'm going to address that soon (I do not disagree with that link I posted).***

Look at just about every post that you've made on this site, and you will see staring at your attempt to usurp real science and look at just about every reply to others and you will see yourself usurping genuine scientific discussions. Here let me cite recent examples:

"If Dinosaurs lived 66 million years ago, and a meteor wiped them out, why were there not many mass extinctions?"

That's because there are.

"On a related note, I am not so sure dinosaurs are extinct. There are many places on this earth that have not been explored, and many 'sightings' of locals. This is just a thought."

You've seen too many Jurassic Park sequels.

***I believe the vast majority, if not all, the dinosaurs died because of a climatic change after the flood. I was simply saying that if the dinosaurs are completely extinct, it is because of the after-effects of the flood.***

Sure they did. Uh huh. (Kids these days have such an imagination).

***No, I do believe in mass extinction! But not a meteor. Post-flood conditions. Big difference.***

Good to know, since there aren't any dinosaurs around today. But, heck, why should that stop you. They are lurking in Lochness, ready to gobble up the kids that don't believe in their existence.

***2. Noah lived to be 950 years old. His grandfather lived to be 969 years old. Why do people not live so long anymore? I believe the climate was such (Almost zero radiation, less dramatic seaonal changes, etc.) that it allowed such long life (This is not the only factor, but an important one).***

Sure, radiation is stopped by changes in the climate. Uh huh, sure. Yep, human diseases are all caused by cosmic rays. Medical technology can't do half of what a little climate change can do.

***As you can see, the ark was HUGE! I mean huge. Oh, and about the 'ten ton dinosaur' question, there is a very simple answer. Funny thing is, no one ever thinks about it. How big were those 'giants' when they were babies? Well? Ten tons? No.***

Oh yeah, T-Rex babies? No problem. Here's all the species that Noah had to take care of (btw, dinosaurs come in all sizes and varieties and they probably grew fast in a year):

http://bowfinprintworks.com/ListPages/DinosaurSpeciesList.html

Folks, why do I even bother with this kid? It's just not happenin. In any case, the kid's a troll by the definition I provided. It's too bad, this used to be a more interesting site, but all these ridiculous childhood fantasies is making me recall my pre-teen years.

Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins