Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
But That's Still A Big Assumption

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on June 7, 2002 04:11:32 UTC

"Your last sentence kills me. ---uming we have them?!?!? "

So you consider even the POSSIBILITY that we don't to be absurd? Don't you think that's a little too much of a knee-jerk reaction?

"The Bible says so. God created all the animals instantly, but he 'breathed life' into man."

Assuming the Bible is right. You must establish it as so first, in a way not based on faith, for me to accept it as scientifically valid.

" I don't think they know right from wrong (unless we train them)."

It's a simple matter of complexity. An animal with a very basic brain will act primarily on instinct, but wolves, for example, cooperate in packs, have rudimentary societies, and will even care for their sick and wounded. There is obviously some level of cogitation there. The same is true of us. There's not a brick wall between 'man' and 'animal.'

"Chimps share only 97% of our DNA."

No, I'm pretty sure it's 99. Gorillas share 97.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins