Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Initally!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 28, 2002 17:45:53 UTC

You said I said: "Our genes are perfect."

Me: "I said that? I said that OUR genes are perfect? No, I said that Adam and Eve's genes were perfect."

You: "Yes you did, here is what you said."

Me: "Because initally our genes were perfect"

Initally! At the begining! When God made us!
Initally our genes WERE perfect. I meant in the past, not now. Isn't that obvious?

"Were you there to see Adam and Eve born and created? No, eh? Well then it didn't happen!!"

Well.....yes. I have the Bible as a record. I trust the Bible. When you watch a video of something, but were not there, how can you know it is true? I have the begining of this universe recorded.

Me: "Is there a chronilogical begining on the evolutionary timescale? If there was, what started it?"

You: "Chronologically speaking, I believe that there was a beginning to life on an evolutionary timescale. My views conincide with current theories on the origins of life on this plant. I happen to subscribe to the belief that the first self-replicating protocells might have originated in the deep parts of the ocean gathering energy through chemosynthesis. Is that a fact? No, it is a theory."

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant a begining WAY back, like before the big bang (or however you believe the universe started).

"Any test scores to validate your statements (about homeschooling)?"

Ohh yeah. Here are two that I found easily:

http://www.hslda.org/docs/study/rudner1999/Rudner2.asp#Fig1

http://www.hslda.org/docs/study/ray1997/04.asp

For example, my little brother in 6'th grade got at least 90 on all his subjects on the end of the year SAT. (The national average student gets 50) Now, of course not all home-schoolers are great, but the majority do very well. My sister was homeschooled, now she is a Junior at Houghton College in New York.

"What about just "normal" families that love their childern, help with homework, and talk to their kids about their problems - you are better and smarter than them?"

Better, of course not. I'm not better than anyone.
But smarter....well, just look at those links. I don't want you quoting me out of context again.

"I think you are reaffirming my statements with your behavior in this forum."

What are your statments, and what is my behavior?
Am I rude? Am I a liar? What am I doing? I try not to be anything like that, and if I am, sorry.
KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins