Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Money Power And Greed. Bwa-ahahah!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 30, 2002 16:53:20 UTC

"All organized religion is based on money, power, and greed."

I don't disagree with this completly. Some is. But the majority isn't. We have changed churchs several times because of this. In our current church, it is very small and they do not get almost any donations. But they don't kick someone out or do anything at all if they do not tithe. It isn't that important to them. I'm sorry you had a bad experiance with church in your younger days.

"You are not looking skeptically at the church if you are asking church people to help you figure out you dilemas with scripture."

Church people? I think you mean Christians. I generally ask my parents, who have read a good portion of the Bible. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins