Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Scott

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 29, 2002 14:17:41 UTC

"Did you travel by yourself or with you family? Was it church related? Do you do anything risky or adventuresome, besides go to a soup kitchen or build a church? Where did you go?"

With my family. I got my license about 3 months ago, and have been in school since. I doubt I will travel by myself much though. My family has traveled all around the country, North Carolina to California, Canada to Mexico, all over. I've never been to a soup kitchen, nor built a church.
(I did help put a roof on one though) We have done many sight-seeing trips also. Boston, New York, Washington D.C., Philedalphia, Plymouth, Albany, Witchita, St. Louis, Raliegh, Orlando, and several more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

"What poets do you like?"

Henrey Wadsworth Longfellow and Edgar Allen Poe are two of my favorite poets.

"What can you say about the Jewish faith?"

Plenty to say about the Jewish faith, but I'm not sure what you want.
I know an extensive history of them (because of the old testament) and know several people of the Jewish faith.

"Are there any atheists that you admire intellectually?"

I have a neighbor who is an atheist, but a very smart women who I respect.

Do you know any prominent atheists in American history?"

Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) was an atheist in history, and I liked his books too. Thomas Edison was a atheist but an incredible contributor to the science of his day. H.G. Wells, I loved his "War of the Worlds". If Albert Einstien was
an atheist, then he ovbiously is an important one.
Alfred Hitchcock, his movies are great. I know these are not all American, but you get the point.

You: "Read of atheism, agnosticism, hinduism, and other religions. Read different philosophies and open your eyes to different world views."

You: "You said - "I have. I do."

"So then you have opened your eyes to the world and given other views a chance."

I have not praticed other religions, if that is what you mean. But I have studied them and seen them and it is very interesting.

Is the interogation over? Just kidding :) I enjoy answering your questions. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins