Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Slippery Slope...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 14, 2002 12:43:27 UTC

Macroevolution is just microevolution over long, long time periods. When you accumulate small changes or vast amounts of time you get large changes. This is common sense. I did not come from ape. I share common ancestory with ape, as well as every other living being on this planet. I just happen to be closer to ape. I came from no living being on this planet. My direct decendents are not around anymore, if they were I wouldn't be here. You show your lack of understanding in evolution with each sentence you belch forth. Get a book and read about something before you blast it to oblivion. I have read the bible. Have you read Darwin? Have you read Huxley? Have you read anyone except the narrow minded creationist blather. I suppose you think the book, "The Genesis Flood" is very scientific and proper, eh. Well, I have read that to and found it to be unapplicable to scientific standards. It is based on too many assumptions that cannot be verified through evidences in the fossil/rock record. Science requires more. Evolution is not a law like gravity or something like that. It is a work in progress. It is science!! Do you know anything about the nature of science or are you just repeating inflammatory rhetoric? You sound as though you know nothing about the nature of science or its idealistic motives. Yes it can be corrupt and manipulated just as religon, but it also has the ability to wade through superstitious beliefs and seek the true nature of this world. I have not discounted the existence of God or the role it plays in our lives. I do think evolution has happened and is still happening before our very eyes. Maybe God plays a role and maybe he doesn't, but the bible does not hold the literal truth. It holds stories, that is it!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins